Proper etiquette while Fishing, Boating or the Beach!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Angler Method
    Surf Fishing
    Blog Entries
    Total Contributions For

StrikeZone     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go To My Homepage: Go to StrikeZone's homepage

Proper etiquette while Fishing, Boating or the Beach!

Etiquette! Does anyone fishing these days know what that means any more? This is the question I keep asking myself almost every outing! How many times does this happen to you? You locate a promising piece of structure and begin fishing it and hook into a nice striper and when you go to release her out of nowhere you have 5 or guys in your back pocket! Mind you there was not another caster insight before you began fishing it. I don't mind fishing next to others but these guys will push and mug you out of you spot in no time. These muggers have no consideration for others and I try to avoid conflict with other casters but sometimes

I've never could understand why so many surfcasters think that if a fish is caught on a certain piece of structure that's the only place on a given stretch of water that contains fish and other nearby structure or area that they're fishing doesn't! Keep in mind these same group of caster off the beach have proper manners, considerate and respect for others! But put them on a beach! When we are fishing this doesn't mean that we have to become complete inconsiderate idiots, does it?

I am putting a short list of what I would consider common sense!

Do: Respect others! The most important part to enjoying this sport to the fullest.
    Do: Clean up after yourself! So many anglers are slobs, Leave the area cleaner than you came we all benefit.
    Do: Follow Catch size and limits! A Must! To many anglers are just Goggans and have no respect for conservation.
    Do: Respect you catch! No matter what species you hook into release it properly! Those so-called garbage fish are important too!
    Do: Learn your species that you my encounter while fishing! Proper handling is a must for the fish and your safety!

Now what I should not have to say!

Don't: No mugging! Do not crowd a caster of his spot and force him to move, leave or worst yet, Kill you!
    Don't: Do not ever cast over another anglers head! When on a jetty or any other structure this can happen. Best case your line gets cut, Worse case you get hooked on a cast OOPS!
    Don't: Fish in front of another caster! If you wetsuit do respect the wader guys! You just may get caught and maybe the one catch someone may want to leave on the beach for dead!
    Don't: Never kick, through or drop a fish! You will hurt or kill the fish you are releasing.

So much more you can go on over this let us hear some of yours.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Total Contributions For

Baldwin     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    No Homepage Set: Click To Add Your Own Homepage
    We do know that all water is not created equal in fish holding ability. But, many less experienced fishermen think that if you caught a fish, they must cast to the same tiny piece of water to duplicate your success. The techniques they didn't catch fish with 200 yards from you will work in not catching fish right next to your lure.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Angler Method
    Surf Fishing
    Blog Entries
    Total Contributions For

StrikeZone     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    We do know that all water is not created equal in fish holding ability. But, many less experienced fishermen think that if you caught a fish, they must cast to the same tiny piece of water to duplicate your success. The techniques they didn't catch fish with 200 yards from you will work in not catching fish right next to your lure.
    Agreed! But why must someone push and take over a spot! I don't mind fishing next to someone that has some respect for you. We are all there for the same reason catch some fish! Like in a line-up watch and time your cast not to interfere with another or get your line out if the water if someone is hooked up next to you let him land his fish! These have nothing to do with experience just respect for another! If i do see some one who is trying and has some respect I am the first to help him learn. Helps both of use get into more fish!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Total Contributions For

Baldwin     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I agree 100%. I've had people move right in the way of my backcast while fly fishing. I shouldn't have done this, but I actually tried once to see how close to some guy's ear I could get with my backcast when he did this. I'll bet it made it to less than a foot before he moved. I'm usually much more polite, but this guy wouldn't get the hint. These people should try breachway rotation fishing with a bunch of regulars. It is a great way to learn fishing etiquette. We're all there to fish and enjoy it, everybody should be polite and respectful, to each other and to the fish.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Angler Method
    Surf Fishing
    Total Contributions For

Tattoo Tony     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I hate when I show up to an empty beach , with miles of unoccupied sand to the north and south , only to have some putz set his spike 20 feet from mine. Really? It seems like it happens all the time.
    Using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #6
    Angler Method
    Surf Fishing
    Blog Entries
    Total Contributions For

StrikeZone     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo Tony View Post
    It seems like it happens all the time
    It drives me nuts too not much you can do about it! They are the inexperienced or the spot burners that tend to do this most.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Angler Method
    Surf Fishing
    Blog Entries
    Total Contributions For

StrikeZone     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Twice in the same weekend I once again was mugged out of my spot!! Both times I was at my truck and some one pulls next to me gets out and starts fishing in front of me and to one side like I would expect.

I know the beach is for us all but why jump in front of me when there was plenty of open beach to wet a line!

The first time went to my truck to get a smoke (ya I know Bad Habit) and switch lures guy pulls up jumps ware I was fishing and cast away for 10 minutes while I shook my head in disbelieving he did this no fish for him. The 2nd time a truck pulls up and 2 guys jump out in jeans and one of jump in front of me and 3 casts latter he is into fish! after the bass was landed he looks at me like he knows he was wrong for jumping in front of me. At this point I was pissed I moved down the beach and began to fish Had some bumps and a good hit but was sleeping no fish for me but he landed 2 before dark and could swear it looked to be a short that he put in the back of his truck!

I had to leave packed my gear started down the beach heading to the exit this same guy races down the beach and past me and stopped in a location to fish like he had to beat me to it or something all yours buddy I was leaving.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Total Contributions For

Steve_S     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I can't stand this. That is why I now typically fish lesser known areas that are not easy to access. I rarely see guys fishing out there, unless they are with me. If you want to fish in a real s-show, go hit the canal during morning tides.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Angler Method
    Surf Fishing
    Blog Entries
    Total Contributions For

StrikeZone     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_S View Post
    That is why I now typically fish lesser known areas that are not easy to access.
    I here you on that! I do get off the beaten path most of the time but do get lazy and try local spots more known and pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_S View Post
    If you want to fish in a real s-show, go hit the canal during morning tides.
    I wouldn't think off it I probably kill some one

10. Back To Top    #10
    Angler Method
    Surf Fishing
    Total Contributions For

BufferZone     $ 0.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Crawl, Walk, Run curriculum

Chief steward - Wikipedia

Proper etiquette while Fishing, Boating or the Beach!-fa49_b0_d8-19_a8-4_d3_c-8981-7_e38_fba4_d01_e-jpg

Stewards of the Sea

NAVAL SPECIAL WARFARE TRAINING: WATER COMPETENCY TRAINING CURRICULUM - YouTube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Proper etiquette while Fishing, Boating or the Beach!-fa49_b0_d8-19_a8-4_d3_c-8981-7_e38_fba4_d01_e-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast